CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Really hard decisions...

In life, we all have to examine everything we do. Sometimes, we forget to re-examine things we continue to do.

My husband and I have Associates Degrees. We both talked about it, and decided it would be best if we finished out our Bachelor's Degrees. Why? Because we could. Ever notice how that phrase always gets you in trouble.

I can still hear my dad ... 'Hun WHY are you tying knots in everything?' umm... because I can.

Or my mom... 'Why did you mix the blackberry tea with grape kool-aid?' umm... because I can.

As an adult we still do it. 'DH, why did you use the last of the noodles? You knew I was making that for supper.'...... 'Because it was there' (an awful cousin to this phrase)

OR my husband talking to me, 'hunnie... Why are you moving the furniture around... again' ......... because I can.

.......................

The point of this, is we re-examined why we went back to school. What we concurred was.. we only did it because we could. We both agree that neither of us are ready, or wanting any type of management position, which would be the next step with this degree.

Unlike the other examples, this because we can would have cost us a few THOUSAND dollars. Thankfully, we've decided it would be best at this time to just focus on our gifts and blessings... and enjoy our children while they still don't know this phrase... 'because I can'.

0 Musings: