CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, March 15, 2009

It's just another manic monday...

Whoa-a-whoa....

I love that song. I love the Bangles actually, too bad my CD got lost in all of my moves. Here's a tidbit about me - pay attention - I used to have my hair cherry red with a blonde front inch for bangs. I loved that look. I'd like to go back, but, alas - I am no longer that girl.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever really thought about that saying? "I'm no longer that ...." I was asked a question in one of my groups on Cafe Mom about what is one thing that you wish someone would have told you prior to being a parent... My response?

I wish someone would have told me how hard it would be to let go of my preconceived notions.

As a parent, I really have to dwell on this one. Because we all have hopes and dreams of what we want our children to be, who they will marry, etc... but when they come of age, how many of us are able to let go of our dreams and hopes and accept this person in front of us?

I see this in a few people, and sometimes in myself. Not so much for my children... though I swear I believe they should be perfectly behaved and clean up after themselves, the same with DH - While they are ALL doing better on that - I had to let that one go a long time ago.

I've had to learn to let go of my younger self and ideals. Sometimes I still have the occasional flashback like 'Rose is Rose's alter ego. But still... it was hard to let go of the trips I wanted to take alone, the places I wanted to live, and the things I wanted to accomplish. But I am, I love my jobs. I'm the mom to two active, healthy, and chittery children. I'm the wife to an awesome guy who truly accepts me and my fat (or should I say phat) butt. He not only accepts it, he loves it. I have a job doing something I really love. I work with awesome people, who's minds are just as dirty as my own at times.

Letting go........ yet another lesson I can check off for now!

0 Musings: