CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, March 20, 2009

I would so rock at being a hostess...

Oh wait... I already do!

It's hard to throw dinner parties with couples without children... and especially hard if you have your own children there. But I've found that keeping it lively, and people with good humor, You can survive it. Even if your sweet baby breaks a small dessert dish of your good Myott/Staffordshire China. Yes, and it's a hard pattern to find for. I am proud of myself I took a moment, while my husband took said sweet child back to his room for time out. He broke it while pushing his plate away in the middle of a fit.

After a moment, I excused myself from my guests and said I needed to go remind myself that I love my child, and I also explained to DH that he's going to have to retrieve this broken dish because if I touch it I'm going to cry. Last I checked to replace this dish, it was around $40 dollars through that store linked above. They don't even carry it anymore.

But tonight taught me an awesome lesson that every parent must learn...

My family is MORE IMPORTANT than my things.

My Daughter is more important than my new sweater...

My son is more important than that new end table...

My husband is more important than... than... nothing?

........

I'm kidding. He's really important because he's my support. Despite our vast differences, we work through our problems. I feel we are showing our children what a real relationship should be. Not like ours in the sense that they should mimic it. But that we are open and work together to accomplish things.

My family is very important to me. My family comes first in my life, that's how it should be. So I took the time out of my dinner that I cooked forever for, to spend time with my son to let him know that I do love him dispite the fact that he broke my china...

........

Now that they are asleep though, I'm going to scream my frustrations out in my pillow.

0 Musings: