CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Potty Diaries…

This is the first installment of my weekend attempt at potty training lil’ miss T and lil’ mister I...

During the duration of my attempts at potty training Tori and Ian, I’m learning that they will have to be potty trained at the same time. My children are eleven months apart, and have since learned a lot of things together. So, we’re making an attempt this weekend to instill in their minds how to use the potty, and not their pants. Granted, accidents happen, but as of late, it can be concluded that they are using their underwear (pull-ups trainers) out of convenience, and not because of accidents.

I’ve read a lot where parents eliminate that option completely. Their kids go bare bottomed and they learn what their body does and how it feels to be dry like this all the time. I’m hoping that by becoming accustomed to dry bottoms 24/7 they will become more uncomfortable in the bulky trainers. I am unfortunately faced with the fact that this will continue through the week because of the fact that T & I attend daycare. So this is the itinerary for the afternoon.

They will continue to be bare bottomed, they bathe together and so far haven’t noticed the physical differences between them. The potties for each of them (eliminate fighting over who has a potty, and who doesn’t and to make it easier for them to use it when they need to) are in the living room, so they are going to get used to sitting on them and using them at their convenience. We’re trying to switch from a mindset of undies to potty.

Well… here we go, will report tonight.

0 Musings: